Thursday, 27 November 2014

THE BLOGGER WORKTOP AKA WHAT'S ON MY DESK

This, is where the magic happens.
Wanna join me into a mad journey trough the wonders of my new desk? Then just keep on reding..
So I was planning on featuring some very crisp, white, perfect pictures in this blogpost, as my desk is mainly white, so I figured they'd look so super cool and very tumblr. But, we don't always get what we want in life, so after probably more than five different attempts - on different days and with different lightings - I gave up, and decided to upload my standard quality, not very exciting photos. Just a little disclaimer to inform you that for this time you'll have to cope with filters. I'm so sorry about that, even though some of you may actually genuinly enjoy the good old Lomo. But enough rambles. Let's start talking about the good stuff. So you may know if you follow me on my social medias that recently (about one month ago) i had my room redecorated. I spent so much time planning it, and i'm so proud of the result. My main aim was to create a very efficient, bright and pretty work/study space. My room is not very big, so instead of buying a standard desk, i had to opt for a smaller option, a vanity; This one is called  MALM and it's from IKEA. As my whole room, basically. I use it as a worktop, desk, and also to do my makeup - that I store in the big drawerThe lamp i use to study and to do my makeup is also from IKEA, and it's directly attached to my desk from the side. It's called TERTIAL and it's massive. Also ridiculously cheep. My big mirror is also from IKEA.. what a surprise. I searched on their website, but apparently they don't sell it anymore, however this one is very similar. Now let's see what's on top of my desk.





From left to right:

First, we're going to focus on the left corner of my desk. There I keep three pebbles that I picked up from a beach on a very special day out with my family. I won't go in too much depth, but to me they represent freedom. Right after that, much less poetic, there's the candle that i'm currently burning..and Quelle surprise, it's a Yankee Candle: it's called Fluffy Towels, and honestly it does exactly what it says on the tin: it's smells so clean and fresh and it's perfect for pamper nights in. Still proceeding to the right, we have my mirror, but we've already discussed this matter. Next to the mirror, I keep my brush dry cleaner, that I usually pick up when I'm in a rush and my blending brushes are all covered in dark grey eyeshadow from the previous night's smokey eyes. There is also where the nail polish that i'm using in that moment sits: I keep it there so it's ready to use for some quick top ups. The one you can see in the pictures is what I'm wearing right now: my all time favorite 'your nails but way better' shade - Essie Mademoiselle. Next to that, there's something you've probably seen a million times, as apparently every single beauty blogger has it in her room. What is supposed to be a plant pot, has in fact become the most popupar brush holder in the whole blogosphere: i'm talking about the ever so famous IKEA SKURAR. Next to my brush holder I keep a glass milk bottle, for absolutely no reason, apart from the fact that i'm in love with the look of clear glass. This lovely prop is guess what? from IKEA, but i couldn't find it on the website.Moving on, the little fox that you can spot next, is a very cute and classy ring holder by Tiger. They had it in different colors and with different animals, and i find it gorgeous, especially for the ridiculously low price tag -as everything in Tiger. Right nex to my silver friend, i keep one of my favorite fragrances at the moment: surprisingly is from H&M. I say so because i'm very picky when it comes to fragrances, and it's very rare that i really like a very cheap one, but this. This Rose Bud and Violette eau de toilette is so simple, fresh and floral that it has been my go to fragrance for the past two months. I also get a lot of compliments when I wear it, which is a bonus.  Wow, this is taking way more time than i expected. Don't worry, we're almost there. The middle of my desk is usually where my laptop sits, and then, on the right hand corner, there are two more little gems: First, a bird cage that I got almost a year ago at a country festival ( actually, i have a blogpost about that day, remember? If you don't, click here! ) and then, a new, festive, exciting Yankee Candle in Candy Cane Lane. This was an unexpected present, which makes it even more special.It smells gorgeous: to quote their website, A favourite Christmas place where delicious dreams are made with tingly peppermint, sweet cookies and creamy vanilla icing. I promised not to burn it before the 1st of december, but it's turning to be quite a hard task..

And this, ladies and gentleman, is it for my desk tour. Let me know if you have some questions, and if you'd like more room-inspired posts? Maybe you'd like to know more about my make up storage? let me know down in the comments! Thanks so much for reading, and I'll talk to you very soon..

Design by | SweetElectric