Thursday, 12 June 2014

NEW DRUGSTORE FAVORITES


8 a.m. drugstore shopping is my favorite shopping..
Over the past few weeks I've found myself popping into my local drugstore more than often. Let's just say,I didn't particularly need anything, I just went in to take a look.. and then eventually came home with a little item everytime. The products i'm mentioning today, infact, haven't been picked up all the same day. I've been pondering every single purchase, and i have to say i'm pretty chuffed with the result: altough I phisically need some kind of impulse buy every now and then, I still have to admit that this time i'm  happy with all i've got.

Maybelline baby Skin Pore Minimizer Primer: Wow, that was a handful. I have to say, I've been wanting to try this ever since it came out, but somehow never managed to buy it, because i was not sure wether i needed a face primer, and wether applying more silicone to my face was a good Idea. But then I noticed that on special days, i wasn't fully happy with the look of my base. Moreover, i'm going to blame this purchase to Anna (Viviannadoesmakeup, ndr ), because when she recommended it in her Drugstore starter kit video, I knew it was gonna be good. It is good, indeed. Does a good job minimizing pores and making the foundation last a tad longer and look flawless. Altough the texture is very gelly and light, i like to use the smallest amount, and only on my T-zone. 

Rimmel Sunshimmer Maxi Bronzer in 006 Warm up!: Now, I had forgotten how hard it was to buy a nice bronzer from the drugstore. Finding the good shade was soo hard: I had to swatch all of them, ending up covering every single pound of flesh,, from hands to shoulders. They were all extremely shimmery and orange. The only one that seemed ok was this one: it's a very large pan (20 g.!!) and was very reasonably priced. It's totally matte,not on the orangy side, and i have to say very much pigmented and long lasting. It looks really natural when it's blended out.

NYC BB Beautifying Blushable Cream Stick in 002 Never Sleeping Pink: I don't know what it is these days, but it seems to me that when it comes to make up names, the longer the better. Anyways, i was ramaging trough the drugstore,as i decided i really wanted a cream blusher. I wasn't able to find the so very raved about max factor one, so i decided i might as well go with the flow and pick whatever looked nice. I was drawned by the NYC spring collection, so i bought one of the cream blushers. WOW. Super duper impressed. I wore it for itatube, and it lasted the whole day (despite sweat,tears and more sweat!). The color is lovely, the formula is nice and light and the pigmentation very good. And it was so cheap!

So, what about you guys? have you got some Drugstore items that you'd like to recommend? I'd love to hear your suggestions and to do some more shopping..

Design by | SweetElectric