Wednesday, 19 March 2014

WHAT IF.. | THE BEAUTY SCENARIO TAG


“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” 
― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
This quote and the fact that my lovely friend Melly -that has an amazing youtube channel you should totally check out here - tagged me, are the reasons why i've decided to jump on board and do this Tag.

This little cheecky number was created by the queen of blogging herself Lily Pebbles -click here to check out the video, but i'm sure you have already, otherwise where have you been.  It's basically a questionnaire about what would we do in specific -very specific- beauty situations that might actually happen or have already happened in real life. Some of them are good, some of them are unpleasant. Got it?
Easier to be done than to be explained. Let's get cracking!

 1. You have to get rid of all your foundations and you can only keep one high end and one drugstore, which do you keep?  
This question is not that hard for me, because i'm not that kind of person who likes to acumulate foundations. I like to have a big collection of lipsticks, eyeshadows and things, but when it comes to foundation i'd much rather have just one or two, and repurchase another one when i run out. I'd say for high end, you can't go wrong with a bit of Nars Sheer Glow foundation. High street wise, hands down, i'd pick my Rimmel Match perfection.



2. You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?

Oh, awks. Depends on the interview! If it's quite informal, maybe i'd tell her near the end, when we got to know eachother a bit more. If it's very formal, i'd definitely try to look somewhere else,ant totally avoid the red-tooth subject.



3. You're not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which lipstick do you put on to make yourself feel beautiful?

I've definitely been there before, and i know exactly what's the key color to make me feel confident and pretty again: a nice old orange. I'd say Mac Morange, or KIKO luscious cream lipstick in 508 Arancio.



4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and makeup differently?

YES. First of all, thinking about a possible answer for this question made me cringe alot. Cheers. I'd definitely avoid trying to straighten my hair and going out ending up looking like a wet dog after ten minutes because of crappy straightners and humidity and naturally wavy hair. Duh. Makeup wise.. maybe avoiding pearly white eyeshadow and no mascara kinda looks. Ouch.



5. You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott hair cut, but they hear wrong and give you a pixi cut. Do you a) Smile, say thank you, leave and call your mum hysterical b) Cry in the chair and things get awkward or c) Complain to the manager and demand a refund.

I wish I was cool enough to say C , but i've been in similar situations and to be honest, if something gets very very wrong with my hair, i can't control tears. Ahah, maybe then i'd find a way to style it and make it cool, but in the first moment, i just can't. Yay honesty. Then i would definitely smile, leave, call my mum. She'd then suggest me to call the manager. Is all three options a proper answer?



6. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which 'do it all' palette do you pack in your makeup bag?

First of all, thanks so much immaginary friend, you've been very nice. Palettewise, i'm gonna be very boring by picking my Mac Neutrals custom Palette, because it litterally contains my perfect brow shade, my favoutìrite browbone highlighter etc. What could possibly be better than a palette that you created yourself?! Plus, Mac eyeshadows quality is just beautiful, so you can't go wrong on every type of holiday activity. 



7. Your house has been robbed, don't worry everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided. What's the product you really hope is safe?

Probably all my Mac eyeshadows, again. I've spent so much time growing my collection,finding shades perfect for my skincolor, that i'd be very very very upset if it disappeared.



8. Your friend borrows your makeup and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven't noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs

It depends on how friends we are, and on how much i cared about that make up item. But i'm pretty sure that my friends would care about my product, and if it breaks on accident, i'd not complain at all, cause i'm the clumsiest person ever, so i'm not in the position to say something! 

So that was my Beauty Scenario Tag. I have to admit it was super fun to do, and that it surprisingly took me quite a few time to really think about the answers. Well done Lily, great questions.


Design by | SweetElectric